MENU

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Not Quite a Dozen

Anika is 11 months old today, on Mother's Day.  She is the best.  Here's some of the cool stuff she can do:

  • sleeps without being swaddled.  Finally.  She is the only baby I know that insisted on being swaddled for 11 months.
  • sleeps in a super cozy aden+anais sleeping bag on her side or on her belly with her butt in the air.
  • makes it into Mommy's and Daddy's bed by morning without knowing how to climb out of her crib or walk.
  • army crawls like a racer.
  • traditional crawls a few steps before giving up and army crawling because she knows that is faster.
  • flaps her arms in the air like a bird when she's happy.  Or dancing.
  • says "Mama","Dada", and "dog".
  • loves feeding herself bananas.
  • loves feeding Alex bananas.  And crackers.  And Poufs.
  • drinks from a straw.
  • loves swimming.
  • talks a lot.
  • giggles and laughs when Auntie does the HoeDown dance for her.
  • loves swinging at the park.
  • signs "milk".
  • signs "more".  Sometimes.
  • hates getting diapered and pajama'ed at bedtime.
  • 3 point stance and downward dog.
  • grabs anything and everything with her octopus arms, regardless of the level of baby appropriateness.
  • gives hugs.
  • rubs Daddy's back.
  • tries to pick Mommy's nose.
  • says "Mmmm" when she eats her cereal.
  • gets rocked to sleep each night because Mommy loves her special snuggle time with her.
  • squeals with delight when Alex pays attention to her.
  • charms all the boys at daycare.
  • nurses in the morning and at bedtime.  For now.

I could make a list that goes on and on; I am amazed by everything she does.  Mostly, I am amazed by how fiercely I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BabySteals.com