It finally happened.
Anika slept overnight somewhere else besides home. Mommy and Daddy got their asses kicked by the stomach flu (really, who gets the stomach flu in June?!) and found themselves unable to care for their baby.
Super Grandma to the rescue!!! My mom picked Anika up at Vicki's, took her back to her house, and entertained her for just about the next 24 hours. She did fine sleeping in a different house, in a different bed. She only woke up once when she couldn't find her nuk.
It's nice to know that she will survive a night without her mommy and without her daddy but it's not anything I'm going to make a habit of. In fact, if I hadn't been so sick, she wouldn't have even gotten to try it. I'm still don't like not having her right there in the next room.
(A special thanks to my mom for taking care of my baby when I couldn't. It wasn't without a sacrifice on her end, too. She ended up with the same flu that we had; she was double exposed - at our house and at Vicki's. Sorry.)


No comments:
Post a Comment